Before you start filling out this application, please ensure you have all of the necessary information and documentation that you need to complete it. You will not be able to save your progress.
Through the application, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Basic contact information
- Tribe, reservation and enrollment number/blood quantum if wish to be considered under the Indian Preference Act
- Information about your educational history and relevant employment experience
- Cover letter
You will also be asked a series of questions about your internship and professional interests and other details as part of the application. We recommend that you save your responses to your computer as a backup. Questions include:
- Why are you interested in interning with GPTCHB?
- What are your educational and/or career interests, and how does this internship integrate with them?
- Why did you choose the particular internship selected? What do you hope to learn?
- What do you see as your strengths? What do you hope to improve upon?
- What skills or qualities can you offer to the organization and this internship, and where have you demonstrated them?
- Are there any requirements for your internship that GPTCHB should know about?
After reviewing applications, GPTCHB will reach out to you as soon as possible. Response will likely include a phone conversation with the supervisor(s) of the project to discuss details and logistics. Acceptance offers will be contingent upon completion of a criminal background check.