Great Plains Tribal Chairmen’s Health Board offers a variety of meaningful internships to undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of fields during the summer months. Take advantage of the unique opportunity to work with the tribal nations of the Great Plains, while learning valuable and transferable skills to jumpstart your career.
Students applying for and participating in the intern program must:
- Currently be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student on at least a half-time schedule at an accredited college, university, or vocational-technical program (recent graduates will be considered on a case-by-case basis);
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Begin the internship with junior standing or above. If you attend a vocational/technical school, you must have at least completed the first year of your program, at least nine months, by the beginning of the internship;
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills;
- Agree to and abide by the rules and regulations of the intern program and GPTCHB policies and procedures; and
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing technology, including:
- Office software suite knowledge (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Email usage (sending messages and attachments)
- General internet usage (searching, downloading, etc.).
To apply for an internship with GPTCHB please complete the online application. You will need the following information:
- Basic contact information
- Tribe, reservation and enrollment number/blood quantum if wish to be considered under the Indian Preference Act
- Contact information for last three employers
- Contact information for three professional references
- Cover letter
- Personal statement addressing the following:
- Why are you applying for an internship?
- How did your interest in your chosen field develop?
- What do you hope to learn from this internship?
- What do you see as your strengths?
- What are you career goals/aspirations?
- What useful skills and qualities can you offer to effectively contribute to the organization?
- Where have you demonstrated these strengths/skills
To learn more about an internship with GPTCHB, contact Kristine Watts, Director of Human Resources & Communications, at email@example.com.